Mga Pahina

Biyernes, Setyembre 19, 2014

Taking a peek: The 5th Philippine International Motor Show


Behind these doors is where it all begins
Much excitement was generated even before the 5th Philippine International Motor Show opened its doors yesterday, and for a very good reason. The Philippine International Motor Show 2014, or PIMS as it is more fondly called, is organized every two years by the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturers of the Philippines Inc. (CAMPI) and is considered as the largest and most established car show in the country. It is participated by some of the biggest names in the automotive industry today – BMW, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Nissan, Isuzu, Volkswagen, Suzuki, Kia, Daewoo Bus, Toyota, Lexus, Peugeot, and Mercedes Benz.

I am no car expert but I admit that my eyes went really big the moment I stepped inside the showroom. For a car enthusiast, I bet this would definitely be car heaven. With a lot of brands participating, a wide array of cars filled every corner of the exhibit area.

I won’t be saying much because I’d really like the photos to speak for themselves. So here you go, the stash of the photos I took when I visited the PIMS yesterday:

Meet Toyota's Fun Vii




Look, it's the King of the Road posing side by side luxury cars!

















It's the limited edition Mazda Miata. Look at all those curves.









This year's theme, Progress in Motion, really depicts how the automotive industry has grown in the previous years. The organizers even made us all go to a trip down memory lane with their iconic automotive exhibit at the hallway. Here are some of the cars which were part of the Philippine motoring industry's very rich history:









If you ask me what the show-stopper was... I personally think that it was this: The Honda NSX Concept car. If you think the NSX Concept looks good in photos, trust me, it looks even better in metal. This sexy car literally made my jaw drop.





For those interested, you can still catch the 5th Philippine International Motor Show at the World Trade Center, Pasay City. The exhibit’s going to run from September 18-21 so you still have the weekends to check it out. There’s a very minimal Php 100.00 entrance fee but I promise you that with the extensive line up of cool cars that you will be seeing there live and up close, it will be so worth it.

P.S. Sorry I wasn't able to include photos of the models. I took these during the opening program and much of the exhibitors didn't have their models out on the floor yet. I'll be visiting the motor show again later today and I'll try to update these with more photos if I can. :)

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento